Wk 3 Pt B

 

This is my business logo. I use it primarily for my business cards and a decal on my front door. When I had it designed I did not see a need to have my name and phone number on it but if I ever wanted to make stickers give them out or put one on my car I would probably want to add at least my number. I like the simplicity of my logo and that it says what I specialize in. 


A few years ago I had my logo and salon concept redesigned. I wanted everything to be sleek but still comfortable. My vibe at the salon is laid back so I did not want my logo to be too trendy or flashy. I would say approachable is my brand. Salons can be intimidating sometimes and I wanted to make sure everyone would feel welcome in my space. I also wanted to have a logo that gave me the freedom to grow. If I put too much information or added my name, I would have to change it later if I hired more stylists or moved. 


I don't think at this point people recognize my logo as my brand. I am really the face of my brand. I am in a studio by myself so I am able to develop friendships with my clients. I know everything going on in their lives that they may not want to tell other people. It is this feeling of trust along with a good hairstyle that keeps people coming back. When they tell their friends about their experience, the conversation is more about me than my salon. I have taken time designing a beautiful space for my business but it is very understated. I wanted something classic that I would not get tired of. The walls are white with one accent wall a chevron wood wallpaper. All my cabinetry is white, black and grey so nothing competes with the products I use which come in very pretty, colorful packages.


I had been doing hair for around 10 years before I started building my own salon and brand. I knew that clients value consistency over anything else when it comes to their hair. I started mixing color and writing down formulas in front of them so they would know I was making a record for next time. I started telling them how long they would be processing so they did not feel they needed to come looking for me after 20 minutes. By doing these simple things I was able to build a loyal following and I think when my clients think about their hair, this is what sets the experience they receive with me apart. That and providing a clean and uncluttered space is my brand. 


After reading the recommended post, I am not sure how much all the branding applies to my business. I would like to learn more about this and how I can use it in a one chair salon where I am really selling me, not something tangible. 


Gingerlysalon.com 


💚Casey

Comments

Popular Posts